Sunday, August 26, 2007

Tomato Season No-Cook Pasta

First, I made a tomato confit, both for the pasta, and to have leftover to add to other things. I used sungold tomatoes (the tiny orange ones), and tossed them in a baking dish with smashed garlic, olive oil, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, red pepper flakes, and fresh thyme & rosemary. Then I baked them for about 45 minutes in a 325 degree oven.

For the pasta: A variety of heirloom tomatoes-- I cored them and cut an X into the bottom, then dunked them in boiling water for about a minute, then in an ice bath, to remove the skins. Then I broke them up into chunks, mixed them with thinly sliced shallots, and tossed them with the pasta. I used a combination of Meyer Lemon with Chili and Sweet Pea fresh pasta from the Phoenix Pastificio. Then I drizzled some porcini mushroom oil and Bariani olive oil on the pasta, and mixed in some of the tomato confit and lots of freshly grated parmesan. Serve with more parmesan, and pepper.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin