Friday, July 04, 2008

Heritage Potluck



In honor of the 4th of July, I am posting about this very American party. It was a brilliant idea: everyone brought a food from their "heritage." We had: Travis's Southern boiled peanuts, Maria's New Zealand Kiwi Pavlova, Gina's Dalmatian Čevapčići (sausages), Aaron's American Mac N Cheese, Jesse's Cheyenne Fry Bread (with sundried tomatoes and goat cheese!), Trang's Vietnamese Banana Blossom Salad and 5-Spice Pork Belly, and my Turkish Sephardic Spinach Borekas. Everything was delicious.


I'll be gone for a month... more posts in August. Have a great July!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

o! purple kitchen---gone for a month---i will miss you.

where are you going, o purple one? someplace with good food? perhaps a foundation affiliatied place?

purplecook said...

I am going someplace with very good food, someplace with good food, and someplace with terrible food. I will miss cooking.

The foundation has yet to make available its list of affiliates.

Unknown said...

Celine, I loved this party. Thanks for posting it.

Unknown said...

hey Celine--I made your chicken w/ pomegranate molasses, etc.--it was great! Next time I'll make it with boneless country ribs, beef up the bacon and cut out the carrots.

Anonymous said...

purple:

where have you been. My food life has been empty since you've stopped posting. Should I send the food police to find you? Might you be in some place eating rare duck breast? I hope, if you are doing so, that you are drinking a burgundy with it.

anon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin